The ETFO Greater Essex Local represents approximately 1,500 teachers instructing 22,500 elementary students located at 63 sites across Essex County in southwestern Ontario. Our goals are to provide quick, professional growth through a climate of mutual respect, fairness, equal opportunity, collegiality, clarity of process and democracy. A strong union for teachers and education workers is vital to the quality of education in this province.
The Objects of Greater Essex ETFO are:
- To represent the members of the Local;
- To secure through collective bargaining the best possible terms and conditions of employment;
- To advance the cause of education and the status of teachers in the Local;
- To promote a high standard of professional ethics and a high standard of professional competence;
- To foster a climate of social justice and provide a leadership role in such areas as anti-poverty, non-violence and equity;
- To promote and protect the interest of all members of the Local and the students in their care;
- To co-operate with other organizations having the same or like objects;
- To fulfill the constitutional requirements of ETFO;
- To be an active part of the ETFO structure;
- To fulfill Local obligations under the Ontario Labour Relations Act in accordance with the policies and procedures established from time to time by ETFO; and
- To support and promote equal opportunity through employment equity.